Monday, March 10, 2014

No Excuse


I've talked about this before, but when I get an idea, it's usually either 1) A vague notion of an idea that I write down and work on at a later date that sometimes turns into a usable idea. or 2) I see or hear or hear something and an almost usable idea instantly pops into my head. Now, #2 doesn't happen as often as I'd like, and it's always a happy surprise when it does and I wish it did happen all the time, definitely would save me some time that's for sure.

This week's cartoon falls into the #2 catagory, but I almost didn't do it though. So the other day I was out and about and I saw a guy, who appeared to have a metal disability wearing a "Bazinga!" t-shirt on and my very first thought was "well that's no excuse for being a Big Bang Theory fan". As you may or may not know, I hate that abortion of a TV show, as you can see from the cartoon I did about it awhile back (http://brinkscartoons.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/junk-food.html). You know you really hate something when you do a cartoon about it twice, so you know I'm serious. I really don't understand why this show is so popular, I really don't.

I've been vainly attempting to get a Twitter following for some time now, but I suck at it, I don't Tweet enough and when I do think of something funny to Tweet, I tend to eventually turn it into a cartoon instead anyway. When I had this slightly wrong thought (yes I admit it), my first thought was to Tweet it, but by the time I got around to doing it I'd thought more about it, the more I thought it could be a good cartoon idea instead. This is why I have hardly any Twitter followers.

I did contemplate not to do this cartoon at one stage as I thought it might offend people....but then I realized those people are Big Bang fans so they deserve all that they get anyway. But seriously, I must be getting old, since when have I ever thought about not doing a cartoon as it may offend people? I mean it's not that offensive....right?

Anyway, I hope you like it even if you are a Big Bang fan....


Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment