Monday, March 28, 2011

The iNothing


So here it is, the first cartoon! So I got the idea for this cartoon from the release of the iPad 2 the other day. Yes I do have to admit I'm not the biggest Apple fan for reasons I won't get into now, and I'm also a massive hypocrite as I own an iPod Touch. But I still don't understand the massive popularity of iPads.....of course that doesn't mean I don't want one! (there's hypocrite in my again) But I was thinking that most people use them at home really (I'm assuming that as I never see people with them and I know truckloads of people own them), which seems kind of silly when you can just get up and use your computer or TV and do what you want to do even better than on a touch screen thingy. Is that just me? I don't know, if I want to watch a movie, play a game or browse the internet I already have machines that do it better so why do I need an iPad?
And let's face it Apple are the masters of selling looks rather than function and it got me wondering if they could really get away with selling something cool that does absolutely nothing! If anyone can, it's Apple. Boom, there you go, one cartoon idea in the bag.

Well I'm off to a good start, first comic and I've pretty much pissed off all the Apple fans out there.....You know I love you guys right? Right?

This cartoon is also the first full cartoon I've done using my shiny new Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet (#cough#cough#sponsor me#cough#cough#) that my wonderful lady Penelope bought me for Xmas last year. I'm still experimenting here and there with it so let me know what you think. So this cartoon is drawn in pencil by hand and then scanned into my PC (hear that Mac people) where I 'ink' and colour the cartoon and then add all the text in. I'll get into the programs I use another week. Pre Tablet I used to ink by hand and then colour and add text by PC only. One of the experiments I tried for the first time here was to have no black outlines in the background, all the background outlines are just darker colours of the objects they surround. Which of all places I noticed this used on a kids cartoon on TV the other day and I liked it and thought I'd give it a go, go figure.

Anyway hope you enjoy! Please don't sue me Apple, I have nothing.....

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment