Monday, July 1, 2013

A Little Feeling

This week's cartoon is another fine example of why you should always carry a notebook with you and write down whatever random ideas you have....well, that is if you're trying to come up with useful ideas that is. This one came from me seeing a poster for some cold and flu pills that had something about 'Feeling a little horse' and that was all I wrote in my notebook, was that exact phrase. Last week I was sitting at a cafe drinking a coffee whilst looking through my notebook that I usually carry around in my back pocket when I'm out and about, when I came across the horse idea. 
I always knew the idea would revolve around feeling up a horse of some sort, but what I did with this one was combine that idea with a really old joke I knew, which goes something like this: "A guy calls up his boss and tells him he can't come into work because he's sick and the boss says: 'really? How sick are you?' of which the guys replies: 'well I'm in bed with my sister...'". I have no idea why that particular joke popped into my head at that moment, probably 'feeling sick' and 'feeling horse' sparked something. 
Anyway, I really loved the idea mainly for 2 reasons: 1) I love drawing horses....no idea why, I just do and 2) I'm a big fan of also drawing the facial expression the horse has, not sure what you'd call it, but I like it. So I was very keen to draw this one as you'd expect, and I pretty much went home and started on it  right away and as it was really easy it was all done quite quickly. There's not all that much detail in it, which helped and I probably could have done a different, more detailed background, but hey, it wouldn't have any effect on the joke so who cares right?

Anyway, I hope you like it!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment