Wednesday, September 17, 2014

100 Days of Drawing: Day 13

This one is close to my heart as it's a drawing of one of my all time favourite birds, the sulphur-crested cockatoo. Why is it? Well as a kid we had one as a pet, and man do I have some stories about old Charlie the Cockatoo. In the beginning, when I was young we both hated each other and he would chase me around the house to scare me, as he was a bit of a sadist. But when I was a teenager we were best mates, I loved that bird, he was such a character and literally was a member of our family. Unfortunately he died/disappeared when I was still in high school (long story) and even though that was over 20 years ago, I miss that crazy bird, he was one of my best mates. One day I hope to get a cockatoo/parrot of some sort for a pet as I love them so much. Anyway here it is:

I tell you what, it wasn't easy doing a primarily white bird I can tell you, but I'm happy with how it turned out.

Mike
   

No comments:

Post a Comment