Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday Night Art 6

No more excuses this week, it's Friday Night Art! Back after a couple of weeks off!




(click for a larger view)


So first up are some sketches of some devils/demons I was playing around with, of late I'm started playing around with my style a bit. Experimenting here and there, as you can see, nothing too drastic, it's actually quite hard to change your style when you've been doing something the same way for years and years. I'm never really happy with my art and I'm always looking for ways to improve and get better. This whole thing started as my 2 year old son Dash's new movie obsession at the moment is My Neighbor Totoro, amazing movie by the way....So, the two main creature characters in that movie; Totoro and the cat bus, both have these huge distinctive smiles that I sketched down as the main full bodied devil here and for some reason I just made a devil around that smile. So after that I just started experimenting with the looks:


(click for a larger view)

What do you think?

And finally, the first anniversary of this blog is at the end of this month and I still plan on celebrating by giving the site an image overhaul so I need to redo my Bert logo so, once again I started experimenting with his look:

(click for a larger view)

Now this is something new I'd try, by actually having him smile and look happy for a change. Not sure if I like it, what do you think? Happy or cranky looking? So I'm pretty sure the next couple of Friday Night Art sessions will be all about the anniversary makeover so you'll have to wait and see what I do with Bert next!

Ok, see you all again on Monday!

Mike


No comments:

Post a Comment