Monday, August 19, 2013

Designer Plugs

Nothing like a bit of desperation to kick-start the old creative juices in the brain....that's this week's lesson kiddies! What the hell am I talking about? Well, as you may know I tend to work on these cartoons on a Friday. Last Friday I had absolutely no idea what cartoon I was going to draw this week, none. I just happen to be riding on the bus with Penelope and she asked me if I had an idea for this week and I told her I hadn't (well I kind of did, but I was going to cheap and do something quick with real pictures, but Pen didn't like the idea much. Maybe another week when I'm really desperate), so I sat there thinking for a bit and guess what I saw at the front of the bus, where I was vacantly staring? Yep, I saw the very distinct red cable dangling from some idiots pair of Beats by Dr Dre headphones and I kid you not, this very idea just kind of popped into my head. I dismissed it at first, but the more I thought about it the more I liked it! So by the time I got home, I was really keen to get started on it and there you go. If only they all came that easy....

So, I don't know if you can tell but the guy in this cartoon is one of those 'I'm cool, just ask me' douchebags, who I have a particular hate of. Look, seriously, if your T-shirt has a picture of a topless chick on it covering her nipples....you're a massive douchebag, I'm sorry, but it's true. Usually these, douches pay way to much for all their 'cool' gear, like Beats Headphones..... So I've been looking for a good excuse to make fun of these guys as I see them all the time in my local shopping centre, another reason I liked this idea.

Anyway, hope you like it, see you next time!

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment