Monday, June 17, 2013

The 2nd Hand

I hope you all appreciate this cartoon, as I had to stay up late Sunday night finishing it! I was so organised for once this week to! I had a bunch of  initial sketches done earlier in the week ready to go for the Friday and once again one of my sons had other plans. Yep, winter is here, and so are sick children. So I had to spend the day with my sick boy instead of drawing cartoons, oh well, I still have some more sketches ready for next Friday....that is if no one else gets sick fingers crossed.

One of my favourite pastimes is hunting through 2nd hand books, as I love books and I love finding bargains. Every 6 months here in Brisbane Lifeline hold a massive 'Bookfest', which is pretty much a giant room full of tables and 2nd hand books, it's awesome. I go every time it's on and buy way too many books. Now one funny thing to note is to see how many books are there that were the 'popular' book to be seen reading on a bus or a train 6 months ago. Which this time happened to be 50 Shades of Grey, there was crap loads of them, in amongst all the copies of the Twilight Saga and Di Vinci Code. Now I'd like to say that this cartoon came to me when I was at Bookfest the other day, but all the credit goes to my lovely lady Penelope, who when she saw all the 50 Shades, said to me "Wow, you wouldn't want to touch a 2nd hand copy of 50 Shades of Grey would you?" I was going to Tweet that when I got home, because it's pretty funny, but the more I thought about it, the more I realised it could be a awesome cartoon instead! This is why I don't Tweet enough, as whenever I get a good idea I like to turn it into a cartoon and not waste it on Twitter. So I pretty much had the entire cartoon idea in my head straight away on this one, So thanks heaps Pen! I went with an old favourite of mine, the 'fishy smelling' ladies angle, so I've now done 2, 50 Shades of Grey cartoons and I'm not sure how many fish smelling ones now....too many? 

I'm kind of enjoying doing some subtle background jokes of late if you hadn't noticed....can you see the 2 I put in this one?

Alrighty, I need to get some sleep, hope you like it! 

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment