Monday, August 13, 2012

Frog Fisting

I'm back! And with a brand spanking new cartoon! So I'm pretty sure that most of you might not actually get this joke, but I just couldn't help myself.....In case you didn't know, and honestly I didn't until last week, 'handballing' is another name for fisting, as you make a ball with your fist and shove it, well wherever....ok, there's some back story to this one;

One of my brainstorming techniques I use, is when I have a rough idea what the joke is but I just can't get the 'punchline' out, I use my good old friend....Google and just read up on the subject matter until I get a fresh perspective on the idea, can you see where this is going? So, for awhile now, I've had this idea about Kermit the Frog enjoying fisting, as he's a hand puppet (Hand-Fist, get it?). But I just couldn't think of how to do it, so I just googled 'fisting' the other night and this is what I found: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fisting Have a good read, I can wait.... How wrong is that? Check out the diagrams! I had no idea! The Silent Duck, that's pure gold! And was this line really necessary: "For anal fisting a lubricant is typically used". So anyway, the only 'handball' I knew of was the game we played with tennis balls at school! So I then got the idea of Kermit wanting a good fisting and Miss Piggy thinking he wanted to play the tennis ball game. Now as I knew it might be hard to get the joke I actually wasn't going to do it at all, but my mate Luke posted on my Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/brinkscartoons/posts/335719773182794page after I posted the above Wikipedia link there, that I should do a joke about 'handballing'! So, I took that as a sign and decided then and there I was doing it, so it's his fault! Cheers, Lukey!

It's feels good to be drawing again, and I quite surprised myself how quickly I finished this cartoon last night. I'm really excited to see how many I can churn out once I have a full day to cartoon again in a few months or so. One of the advantages of having children is that you learn to manage what little spare time you have very well.

I hope you all like the 'toon, even if you needed to read this to eventually get it. I tried to help by calling it "Frog Fisting". let me know, I'm really curious how many of you got it straight away. Until next time!


Mike

2 comments:

  1. Brinksy, I dont think anyone will get this first go; not everyone has the same dirty mind as you....

    ReplyDelete